goldandglass asked: Hey sweet girl! I'm planning a trip to NY for the spring and I was wondering if you could share some places to eat/see/do that are not so touristy that you recommend! xx
- Balthazar (its a scene in there but the food is really good)
- Rubirosa or Posto for amazing thin crust pizza
- Cafe Mogador or Ciao for Now for brunch
- Ray’s on A between 7th and 8th for fried oreos
- Venieros bakery for dessert (I dream of their cannolis and cheesecake AHHHHH)
- Chobani (haven’t been yet but dying to go!)
- Any of the Blue Ribbon restaurants (I heard the new fried chicken one is really good, but I don’t eat fried chicken so sadly I’ll never know)
- Tacombi (unbelievable tacos and corn in a cup!)
- Maialino (restaurant of the Gramercy Park Hotel…expensive but reallllly good Italian)
- Walk around Tompkins park and go to all the boutiques along 9th & 10th st.
- Visit the New Museum
- If you’re 21, you can go to the Brooklyn Brewery in Williamsburg for a tour and beer tasting!
- Walking the High Line is actually really nice, but it is definitely filled with tourists and can be stress inducing if there are too many people. Still worth doing though! You can also go into the Chelsea Market for some food and shopping before or after
- Visit Eataly…it’s a spectacle. You can also eat there and buy some stuff to take home!
- At night get drinks at Cienfuegos or Death and Co. There are also plenty of other bars in this area in case they make you wait to be seated. An old cheap favourite of mine is Sophie’s on 5th between A and B.
- Play ping pong at SPIN